Job Description: Project Officer (Job Placement)
Contract Duration:- April 30, 2024
Role:- In Person/ On-site
Reporting to: Project Manager
At Soronko Academy, we believe in using technology to drive human potential. For years, we have worked to bridge the gender gap in technology, creating the next generation of critical thinkers and problem solvers in Africa, while also using technology to enable people to connect to dignified and fulfilling work. We are now moving to a new phase to do even more: reach more women and girls in all the regions in Ghana, engage in more strategic partnerships, and impact more young people all over the world through our online classes, classes at the academy, and classes with partner hubs. Join our team in advancing education and social change throughout Ghana and beyond. Help us bridge the gender gap and lead more girls to study and pursue careers in technology.
Project Brief:- Scaling Jobs for Women with Technology is a project to create an equitable path for economically disadvantaged young women to capitalize on digital economic opportunities and reduce the digital gender gap
The goal of the Project Officer for Job Placement is to support the placement of our alumni into paid internships, jobs, and remote work. The role will also involve supporting alumni with their CVs and interview tips. On an average day, this will include engaging job partners, alumni and looking for job openings through emails, newsletters, phone calls, and marketing materials (graphics, social media posts, etc.), and staying up to date on the technology space and gender empowerment initiatives in Ghana. This person is expected to have excellent communication and organization skills and maintain a demonstrated interest in the work Soronko does.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage relationships with Soronko Job Partners to support with supplying talent
- Work with Soronko Alumni Network Executives
- Work with alumni to connect them to job opportunities
- Work with alumni to support them with CV writing and interview tips
- Find and Post Job Opportunities daily
- Maintain an internal database of job partners and alumni placed with them
- Represent Soronko Academy at career fairs both in person and virtually, conferences, to network and interact with students and educate them about our courses and programs, and careers in the tech space.
- Work with the Project team, M&E team to track all alumni who have been successfully placed
- Ability to plan and work creatively
- Great interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and exceptional organization skills
- Experience or interest in graphic design
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in Ghanaian technology and gender empowerment spaces
- Bachelor’s Degree/HND in a related field
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience in the non-profit space
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in social media platforms
Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Google Suite, Report Writing
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a copy of their CV to email@example.com with the subject “Application For Project Officer – Jobs Placement “. Deadline: 30th April 2023
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any available questions.